The Summer Games are returning to Overwatch, Blizzard has announced.
Summer Games 2017 will return Tuesday, August 8th and run through Tuesday, August 29th. The special event will feature new skins, a new Lúcioball map, and the return of the previous Summer Games 2016 skins. Here’s a quick developer update highlighting the features of Summer Games 2017.
Overwatch Summer Games Loot Box Update
Skins from Summer Games 2016 will be available for purchase at a reduced cost compared to the new 2017 skins.
New 2017 Summer Games Cosmetic Items will cost the following:
- Legendary Skins will cost 3,000 credits
- Epic Skins will cost 750 credits
- Rare tier will cost 225 credits
- Common tier will cost 75 credits
Previous Summer Games cosmetics will be available at a reduced cost:
- Legendary Skins will cost 1,000 credits
- Epic Skins will cost 250 credits
- Rare tier will cost 75 credits
- Common tier will cost 25 credits
- Lúcioball will introduce Sydney as a map environment. Matches will rotate between the Sydney and Rio Stadiums.
- Several changes have been made to Lúcio’s abilities in Lúcioball
- The ability to “boop” enemies has been removed
- Lúcio’s ultimate ability no longer pulls the ball toward the player, but now increases Lúcio’s speed and the speed of his “boop”
- Summer Games 2017 will also introduce a second competitive mode for Lúcioball, allowing players to place and rank.