There’s been plenty of questions and concerns regarding bans being issued in the PC version of Destiny 2, and Bungie themselves acknowledged as much today. In a blog post, the developer shared some “facts” regarding the ban system in an effort to become more transparent. Here’s what they shared:
- Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation
- Yesterday, we banned approximately 400 players on PC
- Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game
- We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc.
- Information on using third-party applications can be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101
- We are overturning 4 of the bans that were issued during the PC Beta
Additionally, as part of the ban review process, Bungie confirmed they’ve identified a group of players who were banned in error. These players have been unbanned.
“The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game,” Bungie said.